Tuesday, July 15, 2014

E-mail From an Strategic Fundraising Graduate

Bay Path’s MS in Strategic Fundraising and Philanthropy program is designed to help students advance their fundraising careers.  That’s why I was so happy to receive this recent e-mail from Lindsay Jordan, a graduate of the program:

“Hello, Jeffrey! I am super excited to send you the first email with a few more initials behind my name! I passed the CFRE exam! My husband asked me after it was over if it was "easy." Honestly, I wouldn't say that it was hard. But there is definitely a reason why. In my limited 5 years in fundraising, I've never been part of a capital campaign. I've never personally secured a planned gift. I've never done a lot of things, actually, because the fundraising portfolio is huge.

I CAN, however, speak intelligently about all of those things because my education at Bay Path was so incredibly comprehensive. In just a few years, I moved from a special events coordinator to a senior director of development with a master's degree and my CFRE! Every advancement I've seen in my career thus far has been leveraged on the foundation of my education, and I just wanted to thank you for it.” 

Please let me know if I can ever be of service to the school. I hope you have a wonderful week!

PS.  We will be offering a new graduate course next spring called:  Being a Successful Major Gifts Officer.  It will teach students how to engage “high net-worth” donors and secure multi-million dollar gifts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment