Sunday, November 18, 2012

2012 ARNOVA CONFERENCE - 2013's conference will be in Hartford!


Hi,
As I write this, I am sitting in the Charlotte Airport on my way home from the 2012 ARNOVA annual conference that was held in Indianapolis.   I arrived on Wednesday afternoon and its now Saturday evening.  The conference is a jam-packed kaleidoscope of “all things nonprofit” including though-provoking paper presentations, association meetings, colloquiums, and many side-bar conversations among the 800 or so attendees.  To give you a sense of the depth and breadth of topics discussed, there were complete “session tracks” in the following areas:
1)      Boards, Governance & Accountability;
2)      Collaborations & Networks;
3)      Community & Grassroots Organizations / Secular & Faith-based;
4)      Effectiveness, Evaluation & Programs;
5)      Fundraising & Giving;
6)      Innovations & Entrepreneurship;
7)      Management, Leadership & Strategies; 
8)      Public Policy & Law;
9)      Teaching & Education;
10)   Theory & Methods;
11)   Volunteerism & Volunteering; and 
12)   The Conference Track:  Re-Examining Philanthropy. 

In all, there were 170 separate sessions.  I wanted to attend many more than was physically possible and all the sessions I attended were very good.  

I'll write some polished thoughts about the conference on a later blog.  But for now, I just want to share that the conference is a wonderful professional development opportunity that you should not miss if you ever have the opportunity to attend.   And that brings me to the real point of this blog.
 
ARNOVA’s Annual Conference next year will be in held on November 21-23 in Hartford, CT – in Bay Path College’s backyard.  So if you are within driving distance of Hartford, I strongly encourage you (and your staff) to participate in next year’s conference as a presenter and/or attendee and start planning now to do so.  The call for papers normally occurs in the early spring.  I’m a member of the Host-Site Committee and will share updates on next year’s conference as plan are finalized.  If you have any questions about the conference, contact me or go to ARNOVA’s website.  OK? 

Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment